In this article:
- Twingate Component: Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
If a user is no longer able to access the configured authenticator application to generate Twingate 2FA codes, they will no longer be able to access 2FA protected resources when prompted. A Twingate Administrator can reset 2FA for a user, allowing for the user to configure 2FA again for use with Twingate.
- Permissions: Twingate Admin
- As a Twingate Admin, open the Twingate Admin Console in a browser. This will be https://<your_network_name>.twingate.com.
- Navigate to Team > Users.
- Find the user to reset 2FA for and click on the user.
- On the right hand side for the user account under Security there will be 2-Step Verification. Click Reset.
- You will be prompted to confirm resetting 2FA for the user. Review the prompt and on the click Reset button to proceed.
- Inform the user they will need to set up their 2FA again. When attempting to access a 2FA protected resource they will be prompted to configure it again. Further configuration details can be found at Configuring and Using Two Factor Authentication.