In this article:
- Twingate Component: Client
- Platform: macOS 12.0.x
- Any installed Antivirus or similar software utilizing the macOS Network Extension for network scanning, decryption, or filtering capabilities.
macOS Monterey 12.0.x introduced changes to the way Network Extensions are registered in the Operating System. Network Extensions are commonly used by VPN software (including Twingate) and antivirus or anti-malware software.
In version 12.0.x of macOS multiple extensions appear to conflict. As a result, Twingate may not function or may behave inconsistently when installed alongside antivirus or similar software that also registers Network Extensions.
- Twingate Client on macOS Monterey version 12.0.x will not connect.
- The Twingate Client tray icon will blink briefly upon attempting to connect and will return to a disconnected icon.
- The below TLS error is seen in the log
[2021-12-01 11:16:21.187370] http::request::handle_response: GET "https://<tenant>.twingate.com/api/v1/public_keys" failed - dns error: 0 (No error), socket error: 32 (Broken pipe), tls error: 5 (DH lib)
[2021-12-01 11:16:21.187391] http::request::handle_response: GET "https://<tenant>.twingate.com/api/v1/public_keys" failed - request error: 1 (EOF reached)
- Upgrade to macOS Monterey version 12.1 or later.